The Ontario By Bike Network and Transportation Options encourage you to review over 20 speaker presentations, the conference program and the biographies of those who presented at the 2016 Cycle Tourism Conference.
The conference was held on March 4th, 2016 at the Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto
2016 Conference Theme
Growing the Sector: Making Investments Count
With a program of over 25 speakers, the program and content delivered during the presentations and interactive sessions successfully explored the conference theme of growing the sector and making investments count.
Keynote Speakers Included:
- Nastassja Pace, Destination Development Specialist, Travel Oregon
Destination Bike: Bike Tourism Means Business
- Linda McKenna Boxx, Director, Allegheny Trail Alliance, Great Allegheny Passage
Creating a World Class, Bicycle-based Tourism Destination
Sign up to our industry newsletter to receive notifications and announcements of
cycle tourism-related initiatives in Ontario
Who Attended the 2016 Cycle Tourism Conference
- Destination marketing and regional tourism organizations
- Economic development and transportation staff from municipal and provincial governments
- Parks staff and trail stewards
- Bicycle event organizers and tour operators
- Tourism consultants
- Bicycle and trail advocates
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Bicycle industry representatives
- Interested organizations and bicycle enthusiasts
Why They Attended the 2016 Cycle Tourism Conference
- To learn best practices in the development of exceptional cycling experiences for destinations and regions
- To understand the economic impacts and related values of cycle tourism for communities
- Stay current with key issues and emerging trends in cycle tourism
- Gain insight into how to effectively plan, execute and track integrated marketing campaigns in cycle tourism
- Explore connections between bicycle events, destinations and partnership opportunities
- Connect cycling and cycle tourism to the broader tourism industry
- Network with leader's in the cycle tourism sector
The 2016 Cycle Tourism Conference was coordinated by Ontario By Bike Network, a program of Transportation Options, a not for profit organization. For over twenty years, Transportation Options has been dedicated to fostering sustainable mobility and tourism solutions across Ontario, developing and supporting a range of innovative programs. Transportation Options has coordinated a number of significant conferences in the past, including two cycle tourism forums.
For more information on the conference, please call 1-866-701-2774 / 416-827-2774 or contact through email Transportation Options' Executive Director, Louisa Mursell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Project Coordinator Michael McCreesh at email@example.com.
The 2016 Cycle Tourism Conference was made possible by the generous support of the following partners and sponsors: