Ontario has several Cycle and Stay networks, where a number of accommodation providers work together to offer services and amenities specifically for cyclists. The resources and services they offer aim to make a cycling trip to their regions more convenient and easier to plan; meaning you get more time on your bike out enjoying the roads and trails of the area. Some of these services include bicycle storage, healthy meal options, cycling information, luggage transfer and much more. We've provided links to both the great cycling in each of these areas, as well as the link to the Cycle and Stay networks to help make your trip planning easier.
Niagara is becoming known for cycling almost as much for wine. An incredible selection of bicycle routes and trails make this a popular destination for cyclists. Meander between wineries through farmland, travel along rivers and lakes, or take advantage of acres devoted to mountain biking featuring the Escarpment.
- Cycle and Stay Niagara - Cycle and Stay Niagara is a group of 14 B&Bs/Inns that are situated in strategic settings around the over 140km Greater Niagara Circle Route. All B&B/Inns are knowledgeable have agreed to provide secure bicycle storage, nourishing breakfasts and other amenities. They also provide luggage transfer from one accommodation to the next.
- The Greater Niagara Circle Route Map - Niagara Region & Tourism Niagara. Map of Welland Canal Parkway Trail, Fort Erie Friendship Trail, Niagara River Recreation Trail, Waterfront Trail, and Trans Canada Trails.
For more information on cycling in Niagara Region visit Great Places to Cycle - Niagara Region
Grey County offers cyclists a chance to experience spectacular views and scenery combined with a variety of communities, small towns, and unique businesses well acquainted with welcoming visitors of all types, including those on bike. Enjoy a peaceful ride through flat waterfront trails along Georgian Bay or challenge your legs with off-road trails or steep roads up the Niagara Escarpment.
- Cycle and Stay South Georgian Bay - This network of participating B&Bs are located either on or in very close proximity to cycle routes. Each location offers amenities and services for cyclists, such as bike storage and arrangements to have your luggage transported to the next Bed & Breakfast on your itinerary. Most B&Bs are within walking/cycling distance to local restaurants.
- Grey County Cycling Routes. This map details 16 of the most popular and commonly used cycling routes in Grey County, with options for easy to difficult rides between 20 and 160 km.
For more information on cycling in Grey County visit Great Places to Cycle - Grey County
Simcoe County has a large variety of cycling routes and activities to fill first time visits and countless return trips. With a number of trails and quieter roads ideal for cycling, making longer cross county tours from the beaches of Georgian Bay to the shores of Lake Simcoe an attractive possibility.
- Cycle and Stay Simcoe Huronia - A network of bicycle friendly B&Bs, who are all 4-5 star members of the Federation of Ontario B&Bs ("FOBBA"). Cycle & Stay tours between B&Bs throughout the historic Simcoe Huronia district of Ontario (Barrie, Midland, Orillia, Penetanguishene and area townships). Features include: Customized Tours, self-guided itineraries with route maps or tour guides available with advance booking, and luggage transfer service between B&Bs.
- Cycle Simcoe Cycle Simcoe is a one stop shop for all things cycling in Simcoe County. With multiple maps featured on print and interactive media, as well as a listings of events, bicycle-friendly businesses and other resources, the site is extremely helpful in making a cycling trip to Simcoe County a breeze.
For more information on cycling in Simcoe County visit Great Places to Cycle - Simcoe County