Fort Erie Railway Museum

Located next to Sugarbowl Park and minutes from the Niagara River. Canadian National Railway steam engine 6218 is the cornerstone artifact of the Fort Erie Railway Museum. Built in 1948, the 4-8-4 wheel configuration Northern type served well into the 1960s. In its retirement it serves as a reminder of days past when Fort Erie boasted the third-largest rail yard in Canada. As well as a host of artifacts including tools and telegraphic equipment, the original Grand Trunk Railway Station in Ridgeway and the CN B-1 station (used to monitor traffic over the International Railway Bridge) were moved to the railroad museum site and are being preserved. The B-1 serves as office and gift shop. The Ridgeway Station houses the main exhibit area. This Museum is managed by Fort Erie Museum & Cultural Services. It is open 7 days a week from late May to Labour Day and closed for the fall and winter. Please check the website to confirm hours before you arrive. Note: the park remains accessible even when Museum is closed.
Region
Address
400 Central Avenue, Fort Erie, L2A 3T6, Ontario, Canada
Telephone
905-894-5322
Logo / Image
General Email