The 2023 Cycle Tourism Conference, Canada, a full-day conference was held in Toronto on March 2, 2023
Hosted by Ontario By Bike / Transportation Options
Download Post Conference Report – HERE
Over 160 cycling and tourism industry leaders attended the 2023 Cycle Tourism Conference Canada on March 2, 2023. The conference was coordinated by Ontario By Bike, a program of Transportation Options, a not for profit organization that for the past thirty years has been dedicated to fostering sustainable mobility and tourism solutions. Transportation Options has coordinated a number of significant conferences in the past, including four cycle tourism conferences in 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2009.
The theme of our fifth conference was Destination Bike: Rolling On
Attendees learned from and joined conversations and discussions with keynote presentations and concurrent sessions from Canadian and international speakers that featured the latest trends and opportunities relating to one of the fastest growing tourism sectors in Canada, and worldwide: cycle tourism.
See above tabs for more information on conference presentations, program and speakers.
The exciting and informative conference program was curated under the following:
Developing cycle tourism destinations and products
Growing the cycle tourism market through emerging trends
Marketing cycle tourism product and experiences
Serving the cycle tourist market
Measuring the impact on destinations and businesses
Located at: 937 Progress Avenue, Toronto
We are pleased to have hosted the 2023 conference at this extraordinary location and state of the art event centre, located near Hwy 401 & Markham Road.
Attendees enjoyed the beautiful facility, panoramic views of the city and supported the learning of students in this professional setting, a part of the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts – our future workforce.
Who Attended the 2023 Cycle Tourism Conference
Ontario, Canadian and International
- Destination marketing and regional tourism organizations
- Economic development and transportation staff from municipal and provincial governments
- Parks staff and trail stewards
- Bicycle event organizers and tour operators
- Tourism consultants
- Bicycle and trail advocates
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Bicycle industry representatives
- Interested organizations and individuals
About the 2023 Conference
What 2023 Conference Attendees Had to Say
- 99% felt the conference provided them the information and tools needed to further develop their cycle tourism product
- 90% made useful connections through networking with other conference attendees and speakers
- 100% were interested in attending another Cycle Tourism Conference
At the 2023 Cycle Tourism Conference Attendees Learned About
- Businesses and destinations successfully attracting cycle tourists
- Turning a cycling network into a cycle tourism product
- The characteristics and behaviour of cycle tourist segments
- Economic impacts and related values of cycle tourism for communities
- Current key issues and emerging trends in cycle tourism markets and product development
- Effectively planning, executing and evaluating marketing campaigns in cycle tourism
- Leveraging the intersection between cycling events, destinations and partnership opportunities
- Connecting cycling and cycle tourism to the broader tourism industry
The 2023 Cycle Tourism Conference was coordinated by Ontario By Bike, a program of Transportation Options, a not for profit organization. For thirty years, Transportation Options has been dedicated to fostering sustainable mobility and tourism solutions across Ontario, developing and supporting a range of innovative programs. Transportation Options has coordinated a number of significant conferences in the past, including four cycle tourism conferences. See the reports, agenda and speaker bios from 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2009.
For more information on the conference, please call 1-866-701-2774 / 416-827-2774 or contact through email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2023 Cycle Tourism Conference was Made Possible by the Generous Support of the Following Partners and Sponsors:
Gold Spoke Sponsors:
Carbon Spoke Sponsors: