This section is for tourism businesses and industry:
If you’re a cyclist and are looking for great places to cycle in Ontario – CLICK HERE
Cycle Tourism in Ontario is growing!
Interested in attracting cycle tourists to your location?
Be a part of the growing Ontario By Bike™ Network!
The goal of Ontario By Bike™ is to create a network of businesses that together enhance a regional cycle tourism product and collectively, Ontario’s cycle tourism sector. This comprehensive program provides a robust certification program, industry workshops, operator training, tourism industry standards, destination development assistance and marketing and promotional opportunities. These are coordinated in an effort to drive community-based economic development in Ontario’s cycle tourism sector.
The Ontario By Bike Network certifies tourism businesses and organizations as bicycle friendly for free under the categories of accommodation, food service providers, destination attractions, business areas and other cycling-related businesses or organizations interested in cycle tourism. To be eligible for certification, individual locations must be situated within a region where the Ontario By Bike™ Network is currently offered, as well as complying with the certification criteria required for the specific category they fall under.
Why should a business join the Ontario By Bike Network?
- With over 1500 certified bicycle friendly locations, you can help grow the local and regional profile of your area as a cycling destination for tourists
- Adapt and evolve your service and product offerings to better cater to cyclists, a high value and growing tourism market in Ontario
- Customizable business listings on the Ontario By Bike™ website with a business icon placed on the Ontario By Bike™ online map, helping cyclists find your business when planning their cycling holiday
- Ontario destinations and businesses are featured in consumer e-newsletters, sent to over 15,000 cyclists (sent 8 times/year)
- Social media posts highlighting cycling experiences and businesses to an engaged and growing online community on Facebook and Twitter
- Improved search engine visibility for your business through valuable online links from the Ontario By Bike Network
- And much, much more!
Have any questions? Contact us directly:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1–866-701-2774 or 416-827-2774